John D. Richardson
Founding and Managing Partner
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Email: E-mail Me
John D. Richardson was born in Mobile, AL and has lived here all of his life. He earned an A.B. degree in 1964 from the University of Alabama and Juris Doctor from the University of Alabama Law School in 1968.
John is a member of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association, the Airplane Owners and Pilot Association and the Experimental Aircraft Association. He is a past member of the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is an active member of the Mobile Bar Association and the Alabama Bar Association. He has been admitted pro hac vice into federal and state courts in many states and is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, Fifth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals and all of the U. S. District Courts in Alabama.
John’s 45 years of handling civil matters has taken him nationally into more than 16 states. He has handled hundreds of civil cases involving litigant’s rights in personal injury and property losses. Court rooms across the country are “second home” to John.
For over twenty years John has enjoyed a Martindale Hubbell AV Rating, and a Peer Review Rating of 5.0, the highest rating under the prestigious Martindale Hubbell Rating System.
John’s personal interests are diverse. He is an avid University of Alabama football fan. He is an experienced, instrument-rated pilot, having earned ratings in single and twin engine aircraft, seaplane and rotorcraft. He enjoys mountain flying in the west, bush flying, and hunting and fishing in Alaska. Other interests include boating and shrimping on his shrimp boat along the waters of the Gulf Coast. John enjoys an occasional project operating heavy construction equipment. He built and maintains his private State and Federally-registered private airport, Richardson Field (26AL), located in Mobile, AL. Spending time with his wife, Linda, their 4 children and 7 grandchildren, family and friends are his primary focus when he is not traveling on cases.
- Volunteer for Angel Flight
Areas of Practice
- 40% Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- 30% Property Damage
- 10% Product Liability
- 10% Contract Fraud/Contract Dispute
- 10% Construction Disputes
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Alabama, 1968
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1986
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1969
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1969
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2000
- The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- J.D. – 1968
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- A.B. – 1965
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyer Association
- Alabama Trial Lawyers Association
- Airplane Owners and Pilot Association
- Experimental Aircraft Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Farrah Law Alumni Society