Abby Morrow Richardson
Location: Mobile, Alabama
Email: E-mail Me
Abby was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. She is an experienced employment attorney, having represented employees — individually, collectively, and in class actions – for over sixteen years. She represents employees in cases of sexual harassment, discrimination, unfair wage practices, family and medical leave violations, whistleblowing, and other employment law matters. Her passion is helping people fight for their rights. A longtime champion of the underdog, she is devoted to pursuing justice on behalf of anyone who has suffered wrongdoing.
Abby is licensed to practice in Alabama, the District of Columbia (inactive), and Maryland (inactive). She has been admitted pro hac vice into federal courts in many states and is admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Alabama, the Northern District of Florida, the District of Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
She serves on the Boards of the Alabama Affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Labor and Employment Section of the Alabama State Bar, and she speaks regularly on employment law topics to professional associations. She is a member of the Mobile Bar Association and is a member and past President of the Mobile Bar Association Women Lawyers.
After clerking for the Honorable Vanessa Ruiz on the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Abby practiced in D.C. and Maryland for several years before returning home to the Mobile area in 2012. She joined Richardson Law Firm in 2013.
Abby is married to Mobile native Zach Williams, and they have two children. She loves being back in the sunny South and surrounding herself with family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Personal Injury
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Alabama, 2013
- District of Columbia, 2007 (inactive)
- Maryland, 2005 (inactive)
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2007
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. summa cum laude
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.A. cum laude
- Applying 42 U.S.C. § 1981 to Claims of Consumer Discrimination, 39 U. MICH. J.L. REFORM 119 (2005).
- “Women’s Inheritance Rights in Africa: The Need to Integrate Cultural Understanding and Legal Reform.” Human Rights Brief 11, no. 2 (2004): 19-22.
Honors and Awards
- E-Boss Watch Top Employment Lawyer, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mobile Bar Association
- Alabama Affiliate, National Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Labor and Employment Section, Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association Women Lawyers